Summary of Classroom Curriculum
The classroom curriculum will be divided into sections that help individuals focus on three important factors that will outline your vision: product — place — people!
- The first section helps the participant crystallize the vision for his/her restaurant, including choosing a food type, menu creation and design, and deciding on strong potential locations.
- Once the menu design has been developed and location chosen, the curriculum will focus on the actual interior design of the restaurant, including the floor design for the kitchen, dining and storage areas of the restaurant.
- The final section of the curriculum will be dedicated to determining how to choose the correct staffing, personal and develop the proper training techniques in order to assure that the participant’s vision is fully realized.
Instructors: Steve Burgeson, Lori Till, Josh Blumberg, Bill Grieshober and Cindi Thomason.
Summary of Progressive Mondays Curriculum
During these Monday sessions, the content will be focused on the business side of developing a restaurant. Topics to be covered include:
- Business Plan Development,
- Marketing Research & Competition,
- Sales Strategies & Advertising Campaigns,
- Loans & Funding Strategies (includes meetings with banks/lenders),
- Creative Problem Solving,
- Effective Leadership & Communication.
The sessions will be led by Sue McCartney and Cindi Thomason; they will take place at restaurants and include informational tours from accomplished business owners. Visit the Advisory Board page for more info on our volunteering restaurateurs.